We provide next-generation solutions for studying, mimicking, repairing and replacing living tissues and organs.
Learn about what we do
BIOFABICS is an R&D company specialized in the generation and culture of 3D Biotissue Analogues.
Truly 3D Organs-on-Chips
Truly 3D Organ-on-Chip Arrays
We have decades of academic and industrial experience at the intersection of fields such as:
- Biofabrication & Additive Manufacturing
- Bioreactor Technologies
- Tissue Engineering & Regenerative Medicine
- Cell & Tissue Biology
- Mechatronics & Software Development
The work of our team members has resulted in many publications in prestigious scientific journals and in protected intellectual property.
Get your business proposal now!
Discover the best solution for your needs in no time!
How We Operate:
The services provided by BIOFABICS to companies and research labs result from a continuous conversation. We first hear what the client needs and then provide an estimate of costs, deliverables and timeline. Upon final agreement, a business proposal/contract is drafted. From that moment on we proceed with continuous iterations, based on the client's feedback, until an ideal solution is reached.
What We Deliver:
We are very versatile regarding the amount of intervention required by our clients. Our services can range from simple consultancy, to delivery of fully functioning devices and/or prototypes, as well as manufacturing:
- Fully Functioning Tailor-Made Implants and/or Devices
- Device Prototyping
- Device Manufacturing
An international and interdisciplinary team is ready to help you.
Pedro Costa, PhD
CEO & CTO
Jennifer Patterson, PhD
Ana Catarina Lima, PhD
Head of Quality
Inês Castro, PhD
Senior Project Developer
Vitor Hugo Martins, MSc
Junior Project Developer
Ricardo Ribeiro, PhD
Our team members have worked at, and collaborated with, some of the most prestigious universities, institutes and companies around the world:
Would you like to collaborate with us?
We are always looking for new academic and industrial/business partners.
We are eligible as a Portuguese SME partner for research proposals (e.g. H2020, PT2020, FCT)
Looking for good investment opportunities? Looking for an exciting job? Learn more about the various ways of joining BIOFABICS.
Benefits for Employees
- Exciting interdisciplinary and collaborative projects
- Possibility for remote work
- Possibility to acquire company shares
- Possibility to pursue further studies/training/degrees while working for the company
- Very high quality of life in Portugal
Benefits for Investors
- Business model based on applied R&D
- Fast go-to-market strategy
- Flexible investment volume
- Tax Reduction of up to 25k € per Year (for Portuguese private investors, IRS)
- Access to "Golden" European Visas (for Non-European Investors)